You need to Log in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to Log in!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guide to Manipulation and Infiltration

4 posters

:: Tutorials

Go down

Guide to Manipulation and Infiltration Empty Guide to Manipulation and Infiltration

Post by Merci 18/11/2010, 9:35 pm

This guide will be focusing on those new guys who want the knowledge that big tacticians like myself, Polo, and Soda hold in their heads. Well, this will only scratch the surface, but it will get you started on the path I took. We will start with the basics, the three main basic strategies that I used, and a small side one that should only be used on small/ insignificant clans. Commanders/Captains, I may need you to merge some posts here. =P (Forget that last sentence, this is my copied work from Requiem x3)

BASICS!
-------------------------------------------

Scapegoating

–noun
A person or group made to bear the blame for others or to suffer in their place.

Scapegoating, or casting blame, is exactly as it sounds, they much harder than most take it to be. Scapegoating is on of those "it may work it may not" strategies that should only be used in case of emergency or need. Its not a very good first tactic to use, even in time of war. There are three ways to scapegoat another person a clan. Either;

Those people you are casting blame to are allies or friends, and will take the blame for you.
Or..
You can cast the blame with the crowd so to speak, and fit in
Or...
You can cast blame to someone random/insignificant and hope it works

None of these are real good, and usually used as a last ditch effort to save ones hide. It can be used, however, just to get someone in trouble or to get the trouble off of you. This, however, usually requires a good long argument, but if won, can prove worthy of learning.

--------------------------------------

Inside-Out

-adverb
In such a manner that the inner surface becomes the outer surface.

What I like to call the inside-out tactic is actually one of the most basic and used tactics, even by us "experts". It is a simple type of invasion where one member will enter another clan, and begin as a normal person in their eyes. Simply because of secrecy, you may want to use an alternate account and a pseudo name. You should work your way to a high enough rank that you have some influence, and begin working information out of many people. However, it is crucial not to pull at their tongues to hard, so to speak, or they may get suspicious. Once you have sufficient information that can be used against them, you either;

A: Use it and destroy the clan inside-out
B: Report it to whomever your working for, and they destroy the clan

It is a very simple yet long process, and will likely take weeks, yet it is extremely effective. However, there is an increased chance you may be caught if you don't watch what you say and ask about, because the second you let something slip you could end up regretting it.

-------------------------------------------------

Double Agent

-noun
A person pretending to work as a spy for one government while actually working as a spy for another.

The double agent technique can be risky, and requires extra caution on all ends of the deal. Basically, you cannot use a pseudo name and account, or you risk the overall goal of the plan. The plan happens to be simple, yet sometimes ineffective. Usually, you wouldn't do this, but to persuade the enemy, you will have to give up bits and pieces of insignificant information, which should be handpicked by a superior, These bits are usually mixed in with suitable lies that make the insignificant seem important. You will have to be careful what you lie about, because on caught lie and your done. You will need to weave yourself in good with the enemy, and get information by either;

A: Slowly draining it from the person your reporting the lies to
B: Demanding it in return for the false information your giving out

Both are dangerous to your cause, but tend to draw the info out quickly. Once you have your information, you will use the idea from the inside-out tactic, and either report the info so they can be destroyed, or use it yourself to destroy. Its very risky, yet can work very quickly and smoothly, which makes this tactic one of my favorites.

-----------------------------

Fear Tactic

Merci Definition:
To draw fear into the enemy, and utilize it for your gain.

The fear tactic is probably the most known of all, and it is fun to utilize if you know how to use words. Basically, you will use smooth talk to make the enemy fear you. It is a good idea to have some good detail about how you can hurt them, and know a lot about the lies your spinning. Or, if your like me and really do have some tricks, you can use that to back up your words further. Once the enemy fears you, it is a simple stepped path to freedom, by drawing the information out forcefully. Simple. Very Ineffective in most cases. But fun to use Wink.

End Of BASIC. Intermediate Starts Below.

Intermediate Strategies
These strategies are made for more solid clans, like yourselves or HAMMER. There are a lot of strategies for taking out clans, but this is the biggest. I will type these separately, because they take a lot of thought, and I don't want you guys trying to infiltrate some clan with slackish tactics. I will also be introducing a small tier system, indicating that:

Tier 1- The strategy is very useful and easy to see through
Tier 2- The strategy is of actual intermediate difficulty, needing more attention
Tier 3: Advanced strategy, many resources needed

I will start with tier 3 and work down the list =P

------------------------------------------------

Divide and Conquer
Tier 3
Needed:
Three people (Discluding yourself)
Persuasive skills

Okay, this is one I devolved myself, under a well known name. The objective is to use three people who are willing to follow your orders and get them into the clan,. It is recommended that they are smooth talkers, because if your resorting to this, then you probably haven't many options. First, you need to actually get in the clan. This will require base tactics on applying and trying to appear normal. It is very crucial that all of four of you, including yourself, join at least a day apart, as not to arouse suspicion. This should be easy enough. Once in, you will want all of your three members to be active and appear slightly more useful as the other base members of that clan. This should ensure slightly quicker promotions, while still staying cautious. You yourself will want to seem like a normal member, not near as active or seemingly important as the other members, though do not dissipate from the clan just yet, make your name known, just slowly. You will want to get your members trustworthy enough to the point where they are trusted with much information, then they can lay steady, they're work is done. Now, the hard part where people often get lazy. You yourself will have to begin working up, though at a much quicker pace then your members. It is best if you talk your way up the ranks, talking smoothly as if to persuade them that they can trust you. Once you are where you want to be, begin trying to squeeze out information, but slowly, or you may again arouse suspicion. Once you have what you need, you relay it to your superiors, or whoever hired you, be it yourself or others. You should then, with all your members, reveal yourselves as either

A: Political figures from another clan, use this if your a smooth talker
B: Scapegoat your actual leader, with their permission, and look powerful

A clan with a reasonable leader would allow you to stay, perhaps even begin to value you. Be careful that they will not try to use you as a puppet however, as I have often seen Liz do to spies. Here is another crucial moment, where you make up your mind about what your going to do, either:

A: Try to take over their clan/become a diplomatic figure for them by using one of the base tactics, See them for information.
B: Try to kill them off using another of the base tactics, see them for more information.
Merci
Merci
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Status Update : Climbin' in your windows, snatchin' your people up.

Back to top Go down

Guide to Manipulation and Infiltration Empty Re: Guide to Manipulation and Infiltration

Post by punkboy011 18/11/2010, 11:01 pm

I got one but you have to give me credit

People needed: A lot
I call this swarming

just get a bunch of your people to join the clan over time and use that to influence an alliance and then work towards a merge
punkboy011
punkboy011
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Status Update : Pwning all

Back to top Go down

Guide to Manipulation and Infiltration Empty Re: Guide to Manipulation and Infiltration

Post by James 19/11/2010, 6:14 am

Great stuff in here Merci, ICWI could use it.
James
James
Judge
Judge

Status Update : I'm the leader, biotch.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luffy 19/11/2010, 8:20 am

James wrote:Great stuff in here Merci, ICWI could use it.
Luffy
Luffy
Crown
Crown

Status Update : 'Screw you guys, I'm going home' - Eric Cartman

Back to top Go down

Post by Merci 19/11/2010, 3:41 pm

punkboy011 wrote:I got one but you have to give me credit

People needed: A lot
I call this swarming

just get a bunch of your people to join the clan over time and use that to influence an alliance and then work towards a merge
That's complicated. xD
Merci
Merci
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Status Update : Climbin' in your windows, snatchin' your people up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luffy 20/11/2010, 12:20 am

It's not complicated it's just hard to do.
Luffy
Luffy
Crown
Crown

Status Update : 'Screw you guys, I'm going home' - Eric Cartman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down